Candle Care & Safety
* Store candles in a cool dry place.
* Use a candle snuffer to extinguish candles.
* Use a wick trimmer to trim wicks.
* Wicks may produce a carbon ball because of high heat, since high-quality wax liquifies.
* Keep wicks trimmed to 1/8" for free-standing candles.*
* Keep wicks trimmed to 1/4" for container candles.*
* Always keep wick straightened and centered before and during each burn time.
* Always try to burn 1 hour per 1" of candle width.
* When burning free-standing candles the first time, burn until 1/4" left on outside and extinguish to set burn pool.
* Burning times vary by color, environment and proper care.
* Do not leave burning candles unattended.
* Do not burn candles within reach of children and pets.
* If smoking occurs, extinguish flame, trim wick, remove trimmings and re-light if desired.
* Keep wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches or any combustible materials.
* Keep burning candles out of drafts, fans, vents and open windows to prevent uneven burning.
* Following these instructions will help provide you with the maximum burn times for your candles.
*Minimizes the carbon ball (which creates the black soot).